Though large, traditional publishing houses have adjusted to contemporary trends in book publishing and continue to make substantial money in the industry (80% of the market share by last count), more and more authors are choosing to keep control of their projects by seeking out independent press houses to create and distribute their works.
- How costs are assigned and calculated
- Does the publisher provide distribution
- What control does an author have over marketing
- When will the rights revert back to the author
- Is the publisher a reliable partner
By investigating these starting questions, you can begin to determine if the small, independent print house is right for you.